0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
2,500 $
2 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE END OF NOVEMBER

Guaido Returns To Venezuela, Announces That Maduro Government Will Face More Sanctions

Support SouthFront

Guaido Returns To Venezuela, Announces That Maduro Government Will Face More Sanctions

Guaido returns to Caracas Airport. Click to see full-size image

On March 4th, US-Proclaimed Interim President Juan Guaido returned to Venezuela, undeterred from his “route” and with the US backing him and threatening a retaliation against his possible arrest.

It should be reminded that Guaido was prohibited by the Venezuelan Supreme Court to leave the country in addition to having all of his assets frozen. In leaving the country he broke the court ruling and should, according to democracy face justice.

https://twitter.com/jguaido/status/1102635230698053638

“We’re back home in the streets of Venezuela! We #4Mar returned to our country to mobilize with the Venezuelan people. We are still firm and determined on our route. There’s nothing to celebrate right now, but a lot of work to do.

Thank you all for the affection and the immense warmth with which we were greeted. I call on the country to mobilize again this Saturday #9Mar. All the support we have received and the backing we need will depend on us being on the streets. We’re doing great, Venezuela!”

He called for more protests on March 9th and said that Venezuelans will have to take the streets to justify all the support they have received and to earn all the backing they need.

Guaido didn’t travel to Venezuela from Ecuador by himself, he was accompanied by the ambassadors of Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, USA, Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands, Portugal and Romania to ensure that Venezuelan authorities do not arrest him.

https://twitter.com/jguaido/status/1102638711970377735

“We thank the ambassadors of Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, USA, Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands, Portugal and Romania, who accompanied our arrival to Venezuela in a demonstration of the firm commitment of the world with our Democracy.”

He also tweeted that he was eager to be “embraced by the sea of supporters” that await his return.

https://twitter.com/jguaido/status/1102610645319585798

Furthermore, TASS reported Guaido warned the Maduro government would be further sanctioned. “The number of international sanctions against the regime will only increase,” VPI TV channel quoted Guaido as saying.

Al Jazeera political scientist Carlos Eduardo Pina had the following to say regarding Guaido’s return:

“His return can be understood as a [direct] challenge to the institutions controlled by Maduro. The most likely scenario is that the Chavismo will retreat tactically, allow the entrance of Guaido, but argue that all this is part of a mediatic [media] show, and that at the end of the day the president in office is still Nicolas Maduro.”

Furthermore, due to the backing of the EU and US, Guaido runs amok and Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro’s options are limited. “Under other circumstances Guaido would have been immediately arrested,” Pina said.

Finally, US National Security Adviser John Bolton also announced the return of Juan Guaido to the country, saying that his “safety must be guaranteed.”

https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/1102636830028120064

Previously, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro in an interview with ABC’s News Week said that upon returning to the country Guaido must face justice.

 “He can just come and go. He will have to face justice, and justice prohibited him from leaving the country. He has to respect the laws,” Maduro said.

There has been no response to his return as of the early hours of March 5th.

MORE ON THE TOPIC:

Support SouthFront

SouthFront

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
23 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
23
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x