The Houthis (Ansar Allah) announced on August 17 that they had targeted several Saudi naval vessels and a weapons depot belonging to the forces of the Yemeni government backed by the kingdom in two separate strikes.
In a statement posted on Telegram, Houthi military spokesman Brig. Gen. Yahya Saree said a Saudi amphibious transport ship and four accompanying boats had been successfully struck in an aerial attack involving “a number of” ballistic missiles in the Red Sea off the coast of the port of Mokha in western Yemen.
Describing the missile strike as “precise,” Saree said that several of the targeted ships had been sunk – while the rest had caught fire – as a result of the attack.
The spokesman announced in a separate statement, also posted to Telegram, that the Houthis also targeted a weapons depot in the Sahn al-Jin camp, located in Yemen’s central-eastern Marib province, with a number of one-way attack drones.
Earlier in the day, the Yemeni government’s Taiz military command said it had detected the launch of two “hypersonic ballistic missiles” by the Houthis toward the Mocha and the Red Sea coast. The missiles were launched from the former headquarters of the 170th Air Defense Brigade on Mount Oman in the Yemeni southwestern province of Taiz, the command added.
According to the 2 December news agency, affiliated with Yemen’s government-aligned National Resistance Forces, Houthi forces fired as many as five ballistic missiles toward the Bab al-Mandab strait.
Meanwhile, Almasdar Online confirmed that a Yemeni-owned civilian landing craft, Amir Khan, was hit in Mocha. No casualties were reported, however.
The Houthis announced a “maritime blockade” against Saudi Arabia last month, and since then, the group has carried out a series of attacks targeting Saudi airports, oil facilities, Yemeni government forces, infrastructure in the country, and tankers in the Red Sea.
According to recent reports, Saudi Arabia is preparing an offensive against the Houthis, including a potential ground operation, in cooperation with the Yemeni government. At the same time, the kingdom is said to be engaged diplomatically through Oman in an attempt to de-escalate.
The Houthis’ latest strikes shows that the group is still heavily armed. Any further escalation will not likely end in favor of Saudi Arabia and its allies.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence
NOW hosted at southfront.press
Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.
The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation
Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com



the houthis are taking shady wahabia apart, piece by piece! heheheheh