Two ballistic missiles were launched from Yemen at Israel over the night of April 4 and 5, according to the Israeli Army Radio.
The first missile was launched shortly after 1 a.m. local time, while the second at around 10:30 a.m., the radio station said, claiming that both projectiles fell far from Israeli borders without causing damage.
The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) has not yet cleared if the missiles failed, or were intercepted by its air defense outside Israeli airspace.
There was also no comment from the Houthis (Ansar Allah), which have been launching missiles and drones from Yemen at Israel for well over the year in response to the ongoing war and siege on the Palestinian Gaza Strip.
Earlier on April 4, the IDF said that a drone “launched from the east” was shot down over the southern Israeli area of Arava. The Houthis later released a statement claiming responsibility for the attack, and claiming to have targeted a “military target” near the city of Tel Aviv in central Israel.
The United States military resumed strikes against Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen on March 15 on orders from President Donald Trump, who said that the large-scale operation was launched in response to the group’s renewed attacks on shipping in the Red Sea. In the following days, the group stepped up its strikes on Israel.
Since the start of the U.S. operation, at least 67 people, including commanders of the Houthis and civilians, have been reportedly killed.
The New York Times reported on April 4, citing informed officials, that the U.S. Department of Defense recognized that the operation against the Houthis is failing to achieve its goals and that it would have to spend about $1 billion a month to continue it.
The officials told the newspaper that the Pentagon considered the U.S. strikes on underground depots with ammunition, missiles, and drones to be ineffective. The Houthis have reinforced their underground structures and other facilities under attack, they added.
The U.S. has already spent $200 million in three weeks on munitions for strikes against the Houthis, excluding the costs associated with sending additional forces at sea and in the air, as well as the deployment of Patriot and THAAD air defense systems, according to the officials.
Taking all expenses into account, the operation in Yemen is projected to cost the US $1 billion per month. On top of that, the Pentagon will soon need to request additional funding from Congress.
Despite the high cost, Trump will not likely back down from the ongoing confrontation as this would be seen as a failure for his administration.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence
NOW hosted at southfront.press
Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.
The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation
Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com
looks like israel and usa dominance is going bye bye
dominance?
it was never strength. just a bloated corpse kept standing by money and media.
now it’s crumbling—and good.
let it fall. only then can something real rise from the ashes.
american jewish depravity is hollywood
yep the americ*nts are bankrupting itself bombing huts and cliffs and what have you in yemen at a cost that dwarfs the damage inflicted on the houthis. who is now pathetic. send eric dump and jared scumbag kushner to the frontline in ukraine being useful for the first time in their lives!
the costs mean nothing when you can print infinite money. the keys are natural ressources, stocks and production capacities.
exactly. they do not even need to print “money” only add more zeros in a computer. farao have absolute power by deception. until he have not. the working slave cast have recently only followed orders, and mass murder in the hospitals. else they get starved. no wonder the brain volume have decreased since neanderthals.
it costs the c*nts a billion a month trying to neutralize the houthis – lots a money little success! and now when asecond carrier group is on the way costs will increase significantly!
despite the high cost, trump will not likely back down from the ongoing confrontation as this would be seen as a failure for his administration……………….the trump administration is a failure.
you’re not wrong—but it’s not just the trump administration that failed.
they all did. every president, every party—propping up a system built on lies, war, and profit.
red, blue—same circus, different clowns. and they expect you to pay the price.
it’s time we stop playing their game.
burn it down. start over. let the people take back the power.
honestly where does disqus find you treasures of the roman empire?
us $1 billion per month. well, to support israel is quite costly i see.
$1 billion a month?
that’s not “support.” that’s the cost of a rotting empire clinging to control. they’re not defending freedom—they’re protecting profits.
america’s diseased. this isn’t aid, it’s dependence.
and i say: burn it down.
let the strong fight for what they believe in—not for what they’re told is right.
ha ha.arwbt you predictable as a hitler at a synagogue.
go find a cliff and jump righti off it!
indeed it is. but just this bs “according to iof”, well who the heck gonna even trust them even with videos? sf should ask other sources does it have hit israel or not. (probably it did.)
another war. another billion burned. another pack of lies dressed up as “defense.”
they call it strategy—it’s just addiction. addiction to war. to control. to dominance.
all while you pay the price.
america doesn’t need more missiles. it needs a reset. a revolution of will. a nation of action—not puppets dancing for profit.
let it fall. from the ashes, something real can finally rise.
the americ*nts are like a headless chicken flailing all over the place but, headless as it is, haven’t a clue where it’s going! think i heard dump use the word pathetic about europe, but it’s just dump and congress that is pathetic.
why just blaming usa? without arabs killing arabs/muslims this couldn’t have happened. let’s cite the above mentioned ny times report: “the pentagon has moved patriot and thaad air defense systems to a few arab nations that are worried about escalation by the houthis in the region. the united arab emirates is giving logistical and advisory support to the u.s. military in its campaign in yemen, a u.s. official said.”
doubt that the c*nts have given their best airdefense-systems to any arab country, to the jews, sure, but that’s it.
yemeni sand-apes are throwing more bananas!
heheheh
they’re serving wef s agendas to create universal nuclear power plants for the maximising of profits to the industry owners who the trolls here work for apparently.
i give you a minus point for your idiotic, stupid comment! pls drop dead!
as usual your comments quality is below dogshit, but no surprise from a braindead little moron. hehehe
it’s about necessitating “clean safe environmentally friendly nuclear power” that’s the motivation imo. the global village idiots are incapable of thinking laterally so are kex like sheep with rings through their nostrils baaaing. bleat bleat.
they are going to run out of missile capability before long. stop shooting at israel.
lot of easier targets in aden and mocha….
the strikes against the houthis are spasmodic without any strategy, they simply want to show solidarity with the jewish state and to show a global perception that they are regulators of events and to give an image to their miserable allies that the usa is still fighting, so don’t worry about imposing tariffs because we are your patrons and we will take care of your well-being.