United States President Donald Trump is slated to receive a briefing on new plans for potential military action against Iran on April 30 from the leader of the Central Command (CENTCOM), Adm. Brad Cooper, Axios reported.
Three sources with knowledge of the matter told the news website that CENTCOM has drawn up plans for a “short and powerful” series of strikes on Iranian targets, with the aim of pressuring Iran to give ground in talks.
One of the sources revealed that other options being readied include a takeover of parts of the Strait of Hormuz and dispatching special forces to snag Iran’s highly enriched uranium stockpile.
Iran has kept navigations through the strategic waterway — a choke point for 20 percent of global oil and liquified natural gas — restricted since the start of the American-Israeli war, and the U.S. responded amid the current ceasefire by imposing a blockade on the ports of the Islamic Republic.
CENTCOM currently has two aircraft carriers, the USS George H.W. Bush and the USS Abraham Lincoln, in the Arabian Sea, in addition to the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit. A second marine unit, the 11th, is expected to arrive there shortly.
A third carrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford, is present in the Red Sea, but will reportedly depart very soon after a lengthy deployment.
While Axios report indicates that CENTCOM is preparing unilateral plans, another report from the Wall Street Journal revealed that the U.S. is asking other countries to join a new international coalition that would enable ships to navigate the Strait of Hormuz.
The proposed coalition, dubbed the “Maritime Freedom Construct,” would share information, coordinate diplomatically and help enforce sanctions, the Journal reported, citing an internal State Department cable.
“Your participation will strengthen our collective ability to restore freedom of navigation and protect the global economy,” the cable sent to U.S. embassies reportedly reads. “Collective action is essential to demonstrate unified resolve and impose meaningful costs on Iranian obstruction of transit through the Strait.”
According to the report, the cable says that American diplomats should ask their foreign interlocutors whether their countries want to be a “diplomatic and/or military partner,” and that the mission will be run jointly by the State Department and CENTCOM.
“The MFC would be complementary to other security maritime task forces, including the maritime planning effort the U.K. and France are leading,” the cable also reportedly says.
Diplomatic efforts led by Pakistan are yet to see any real progress, and despite recent reports suggesting that Trump is in favor of a lengthy blockade, the U.S. military is clearly gearing up to resume the war against Iran, even with more than than before.
Ultimately, a lengthy blockade won’t be in favor of the U.S. as it will push up energy prices. Thus, the Trump administration could resume the war soon.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence
NOW hosted at southfront.press
Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.
The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation
Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com



i like my anuz occupied by mulatto peniz in sleazy americunt gay bars
if iran put the “nuclear dust” on some missiles they could send the “dust” to trump, so many possible options.
already know trump will approves any military actions to please its master in isreal. hes just seeking to to sacrifice us soldiers blood for isreal. these united states of america need general with backbone to stand up and stop being puppets for foreign government and they cooperate business.
to me, israel and the us act as one.
bomb diplomacy donny you and your gang are losers
if the troops weren’t safe much further away from iran.. what makes “trump” (not the guy running the show) think that putting them even closer is a good idea? seems like a recipe for disaster. “his” only option is to give into iranian demands immediately and give the straight over to iranian and omani control. “he” fucked up.
trumps got the same mental thinking as churchill had with türkey and the dardanelles, and look at how that turned out. “those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”. george santayana
we all know how this adventure will end: the us and israel will retreat after catasrophic losses.
occupying the hormuz coast, from a thousand klm away ?
axios and centcom – two bowel movements in one. 💩
war planners always plan more war. job security for managerial class. tax slavery is wonder for the dc region.
somali no let me occupy minnesota so i pay bibi to pump jizz in my anuz
the us gov blundered into this conflict, so let the so called ‘super power’ deal with it on their own. its not britain’s fight and we want no part in it.
the play goes on. the e.u. idiots signed on to stopping russian ships, as the u.s. has iranian ships. both plans will fail, probably spectacularly. what do they do when they run up against a ship with an escort? run the other way as they always have. great job, fantastic blockade. their motto is make war, not peace. idiots.