0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
400 $
APRIL 2025

Israel Expands Ground Operations In Gaza Without Facing Real Resistance (Photos, Videos)

Support SouthFront

Israel Expands Ground Operations In Gaza Without Facing Real Resistance (Photos, Videos)

Click to see full-size image. (The Israeli Defense Forces)

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced on April 4 that it had expanded its ground operations in the northern Gaza Strip, with troops advancing into Gaza City’s Shejaiya neighborhood.

The operations are aimed at expanding Israel’s buffer zone along the Gaza border, the military said in a statement, noting that Israeli troops had killed several terror operatives and destroyed infrastructure, including a command center of the Hamas Movement.

The military, which issued an evacuation order for Shejaiya a day earlier, also claimed that it was enabling Palestinian civilians to leave the area “for their safety.”

Israel Expands Ground Operations In Gaza Without Facing Real Resistance (Photos, Videos)

Click to see full-size image. (The Israeli Defense Forces)

Israel Expands Ground Operations In Gaza Without Facing Real Resistance (Photos, Videos)

Click to see full-size image. (The Israeli Defense Forces)

Earlier in the day, the Hamas-run health ministry in the Strip reported that dozens were killed in Israeli strikes over the previous 24 hours, including 27 people who died when three missiles hit a former school building in the al-Tuffah neighborhood of Gaza City.

One of the recent strikes on northern Gaza killed a senior commander of Hamas’ elite Nukhba force, according to the IDF. The strike was directed by troops of the 401st Armored Brigade. The brigade killed several more fighters and destroyed rocket launchers and other Hamas infrastructure during their operations, the military said.

More than 1,200 Palestinians, mostly civilians, have been reportedly killed since the IDF renewed its operations on Gaza on March 18, shattering a ceasefire and prisoner exchange agreement that was brokered by the United States, Egypt and Qatar last January.

In addition, the humanitarian office of the United Nations said that around 280,000 Palestinians have been displaced within the Strip.

Earlier this week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that the IDF would carve out a new security corridor to cut off the area of Rafah, which lays along Gaza’s border with Egypt, in order to mount more pressure on Hamas, which continues to hold 59 Israeli hostages.

IDF spokesman Brigadier General Effie Defrin later said that the military has begun a “new stage” in the operation designed to return the hostages and destroy “Hamas’s military and governing capabilities.”

“In recent days, we have advanced to a new stage in the operation,” the spokesman told reporters during a briefing on April 3. “The plan serves the goals of the war: returning the hostages and destroying Hamas’s military and governing capabilities.”

According to Defrin, the newly expanded campaign had involved more than 60 strikes aimed at degrading Hamas’s capabilities and paving the way for ground troops to move into areas in the north and south of the Strip.

“We have broadened our activities in southern Gaza to surround and cut off the Rafah area,” he added. “Beyond that, we’re maintaining operational ambiguity so we can surprise the enemy and bring about significant achievements.”

The spokesman also revealed that Israel has struck more than 600 targets in Gaza and killed over 250 so-called “terror operatives,” including 12 senior officials in Hamas’s military wing and political bureau, since renewing its operations in the Strip.

“They are all terrorists and participated in the October 7 massacre,” he said of the senior officials.

The IDF has been facing little to no resistance from Hamas and other Palestinian armed factions while advancing in the Strip.

On April 3, a rocket was fired at Israel from central Gaza, setting off sirens in the nearby settlement of Nahal Oz. The IDF later said that the rocket was intercepted by its air defenses. No casualties or material losses were reported by Hebrew media.

The al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, later claimed responsibility for the rocket attack. It also released footage showing two quadcopter drones which were recently downed and captured by its fighters in northern Gaza.

Israel’s decision to further expand its ground operations in Gaza will further complicate ongoing efforts to return to the ceasefire.

Even more escalation is to be expected in coming days, as the IDF has taken no losses since renewing its operations in the Strip.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence

NOW hosted at southfront.press

Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.

The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation

Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com

SOUTHFRONT.PRESS

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

Support SouthFront

SouthFront

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
11 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
blockbuster

the highly indebted us bankrupt state, the biggest supporter of the israeli terrorists, is facing financial bankruptcy and that will ultimately break both their necks. with the collapse of the us bankrupt state, the israeli terrorist state will also go under and i am already looking forward to that.

hash
hashed
the narrative

but . but , it is liberation day in america ? tariffs could lead to total international isolation for israel and the us . brics anyone ?

Huckelberry finn

true promise iii not to do anything against the zionists

hash
hashed
USraelis are losers

play stupid games win stupid prices. israelis & their us/eu puppets are pathetic. like drug adicts-pedlers looking for their next fix.the fixation on tiny gaza is absurd. the eu & the us have wasted so much money, resources & political capital aiding, abetting & shielding netanyahu’s genocide that russia is now poised to strategically win in ukraine, & the rest of the world will sheer. if the us attacks iran for israel it will be the end of us hegemony & the dollar

hash
hashed
The Crunge

man, what happened? before the ceasefire they were hitting idf soldiers left and right. blowing up tanks, armoured troop carriers, bulldozers, armed vehicles.

after the break these guys don’t seem to be able to do anything. were their supplies cut off? did the idf change their tactics? will we ever know?

hash
hashed
Moshe Dayan

there’s nothing left but rubble, no food, no water: a true genocide and crime against humanity.

The Crunge

there was nothing but rubble before the break.

Dragon of Bosnia

looks like sf doesn’t shows us entire truth…

the narrative

israeli ethnic cleansing through genocide every place thay can . critical complaints earn jail time in many nations .

hash
hashed
Dragon of Bosnia

not in iof (israeli occupation forces).

bert33

i still think the longterm goal should be to relocate everybody out of gaza and make it no man’s land. put a fence around it, knock everything down, tear out all utilities and infrastructure, and leave it at that.

hash
hashed
11
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x