United States Central Command (CENTCOM) last week asked its intelligence personnel to propose “creative and unconventional” ideas for increasing pressure on Iran, CNN reported on August 3.
According to the report, an email sent on July 29 by a senior officer in Central Command’s intelligence branch was distributed to a broad group of military analysts.
“We are looking for new, creative and unconventional ways to pressure and punish Iran,” the message said.
A second source confirmed to the American news network that another senior officer had also requested new ideas for confronting Iran.
Military officials described the unusual email request as a sign that the options available to U.S. President Donald Trump were limited and that CENTCOM was reassessing its strategy and seeking to consider every possible course of action, according to the report.
CENTCOM spokesman Capt. Tim Hawkins told CNN that the command “has a long history of thinking and operating in innovative ways.”
He said Central Command chief Adm. Brad Cooper routinely sought input from personnel “regardless of rank” to achieve the highest possible level of operational performance.
CNN also reported that the request was sent before Trump threatened to launch further strikes against Iran. The president ultimately backed away from that threat over the weekend after regional officials, led by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, urged him to de-escalate.
The U.S. has carried out airstrikes against Iran in recent weeks in an effort to impair Tehran’s ability to threaten shipping through the Strait of Hormuz and force Tehran back to the negotiating table, the report said. There were no indications, however, that an agreement was imminent.
Two sources familiar with the matter told the news network that the U.S. military was also preparing for the possibility of renewed strikes against Pickaxe Mountain and other sites in Iran believed to contain nuclear material or equipment.
The sources assessed, however, that even the most powerful conventional weapons in the U.S. arsenal were unlikely to produce significant results because the facilities were buried deep underground.
Destroying them could require the deployment of ground forces, they said, a step Trump did not want to take because of the risks involved.
CNN’s report shows that the U.S. is not sure how to proceed with the war on Iran. An agreement with the Islamic Republic seems highly unlikely, mainly due to the maximalist demands set by the Trump administration from the start. At the same time, it looks like CENTCOM has depleted nearly all of its military operations. The last remaining one is an attack on the Islamic Republic’s energy infrastructure, a high-risk move that Trump is clearly not willing to make.
Regardless, CENTCOM’s latest request is evidence that the U.S. is preparing for another round of fighting with the Islamic Republic.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence
NOW hosted at southfront.press
Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.
The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation
Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com



1. abolish world trade in flying carpets; 2. banish date exchange oasises and camel caravans for tourists.
get rid of the zionist cancer and save the us losers from daily humiliation.
the us army should just make trump president of iran, he could fuck that place up in no time!
“centcom spokesman capt. tim hawkins told cnn that the command “has a long history of thinking and operating in innovative ways.”… almost dropped my cup of joe on that statement alone!… might as well ask centcom if sending their drones to a crowded beach in gelendzhik russia killing at least 3 is such a good move with long term objectives for a “big win”?…
not to innovative when leaving afghanistan
one thing you can say about america and it’$ big pharma -especially the boyz and girlz in the u.s. military that use them with their recreational drugs. they love ’em!… especially when they are not winning!… capt hawkins is living proof.
trump, better take the bitter pill and go home, before your illness gets worse and you’ll get the big suppositories.
it’s you doctor trying to rescue the rest of you remained.
school is out in iran…forever…heheheh
school is open. the world is forced to attend an ongoing economic destruction of empires.
you mean creative war crimes
nothing new. they have been doing this for decades. this will have to be decided on the battlefield. iran gave trump the mou as a gift to exit the conflict. now it is mou plus. globalists will attempt pipeline bypasses. so iran will easily destroy then just when completed. watch !
they could write really nasty things about iran on true social. or minister of war pete dogsbreath could threaten to get some more islamophobic tattoos. there you are – blue sky thinking.
they could spread stories that persian cats are rubbish at catching mice. or that persian carpets are dangerous and liable to change into flying carpets without warning. chumpo could threaten to attack cultural sites in iran. the iranians couldn’t find any of these in the united snakes to retaliate.
also joe sixpacks and sally suckerman. 😂😂😂😂😂
no power, no communications, no military capability=no problem
shut iran off
plaster the kikenreich with kheibars. destroy dimona, power stations, refineries, power stations, ports. the jooz can go back to khazaria. problem solved.