0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
400 $
APRIL 2025

Houthi Drone Reaches Israel As Trump Shares Footage Of Deadly Strike On Yemen

Support SouthFront

Houthi Drone Reaches Israel As Trump Shares Footage Of Deadly Strike On Yemen

Illustrative image. (The Houthis’ Military Media)

A suicide drone launched by the Houthis (Ansar Allah) from Yemen on April 4 penetrated Israeli airspace before being shot down.

The drone was launched at Israel “from the east,” the Israeli Defense Forces said in a statement, adding that the drone was shot down over the southern Israeli area of Arava. Sirens were not activated in any area amid the attack.

The Houthis later released a statement claiming responsibility for the attack, and claiming to have targeted a “military target” near the city of Tel Aviv in central Israel using a Yafa suicide drone.

The Yafa is a larger version of an Iranian suicide drone codenamed by the United States military and intelligence as KAS-04. The Houthis have been operating several versions of the KAS-04 dubbed Samad-1, 2, 3 and 4 for more than six years now.

In the same statement, Houthi military spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Saree said that the group air defenses shot down a Giant Shark F360 reconnaissance drone over the northern Yemeni province of Sadaa. He alleged that the Chinese-made, commercially-available drone was being operated either by the U.S. or Israel.

“The Armed Forces reiterate their commitment to fulfilling their duties towards the oppressed Palestinian people until the aggression stops and the siege on the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip is lifted,” the spokesman stressed.

The U.S. military resumed strikes against Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen on March 15 on orders from President Donald Trump, who said that the large-scale operation was launched in response to the group’s renewed attacks on shipping in the Red Sea.

A few days later, the Houthis expanded their operations launching direct missile and drone strikes against Israel, which also renewed its offensive in Gaza.

Separately on April 4, Trump posted a video to his Truth Social network purportedly showing an U.S. strike killing dozens of Houthi fighters, adding the comment “oops.”

More than 70 people gathered in a loose oval along a road can be seen in the footage being hit by a large blast. None of them appears to have survived.

“These Houthis gathered for instructions on an attack. Oops, there will be no attack by these Houthis!

They will never sink our ships again!,” he wrote.

Since the start of the U.S. large-scale operation in Yemen, at least 67 people, including commanders of the Houthis and civilians, have been reportedly killed.

The Houthis have taken some serious losses. Still, the group appears to be determined to go on with the battle against Israel and the U.S. in support of Gaza.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence

NOW hosted at southfront.press

Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.

The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation

Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com

SOUTHFRONT.PRESS

MORE ON THIS TOPIC:

 

Support SouthFront

SouthFront

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
8 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Slavs Killing Slavs heheheh

yemen sand-apes sent a flying banana to israel!!!

hehehehehe

hash
hashed
Revolutionary vs Colonists

imagine a strike like this blowing up a family gathering while cooking out on the 4th of july… you know your g@e ass wouldn’t like it.

Max

che idioti questi americani.. colpire un raduno di civili per una festa religiosa. ipocrita trump

hash
hashed
Niccolo Machiavelli

quoted from “middle east spectator” tgram channel: “top: what the u.s. claims to be a gathering of ‘houthi terrorists’ bottom: a celebratory yemeni tribal gathering on the day of eid al-fitr. judge for yourself. the u.s. military brags about wiping out gatherings of unarmed civilians.” photos of this gathering at ground level available all over the web.

hash
hashed
the narrative

weddings and celebrations as targets have been documented multiple times sience 2014 when the us and israel used saudi arabia as a proxy .

Shlomo's little weenie.

the murderous audacity to present this as a military meeting. people arranged in a very large circle, communicating military strategy with two-ways ?

the narrative

such remote control of genocide . could have been a group of school children for all we know .

hash
hashed
Cavery

looks fake but could be a wedding party?

hash
hashed
8
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x