The Houthis (Ansar Allah) on April 3 announced more attacks following intense overnight United States strikes on Yemen that claimed the lives of at least two people.
In two separate statements, Houthi military spokesman, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, said that the group shot down an MQ-9 Reaper combat drone, the second in less than 72 hours, over the western province of al-Hodeidah and attacked the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman in the Red Sea.
“The American enemy launched a blatant aggression against our country over the past few hours, with more than 36 strikes,” the spokesman said in the second statement.
“In response to this aggression, the naval forces, unmanned aerial vehicles, and missile forces of the Yemeni Armed Forces, with the help of God Almighty, carried out a special and joint military operation. They engaged the U.S. aircraft carrier Truman and its associated warships in the northern Red Sea using a number of cruise missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles,” he added, noting that “the operation successfully achieved its objectives.”
As usual, Brig. Gen. Saree stressed in both statements that the Houthis will continue to launch attacks against Israel and affiliated shipping until a ceasefire is reached in the Gaza Strip and aid is delivered to Palestinian people there.
The Al-Masirah TV, which is run by the Houthis, said that U.S. strikes killed a man in the area of al-Salif in al-Hodeidah. It also reported more than 20 other strikes on the northern province of Sadaa, the heartland of the Houthis, with several targeting a military camp in the area of Kahlan.
The news channel also reported a strike on a vehicle near the capital, Sanaa, and said that other strikes targeted a communication center in the central province of Ibb, killing at least one man.
The U.S. Central Command resumed strikes against Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen on March 15 on orders from President Donald Trump, who said that the large-scale operation was launched in response to the group’s renewed attacks on shipping in the Red Sea. Since then, at least 67 people, including commanders of the Houthis and civilians, have been killed.
The command has not yet commented on the recent deadly strikes on Yemen, nor on the attacks announced by the Houthis.
Despite the lack of any clear results, the U.S. appears to be committed to the ongoing operation against the Houthis. In fact, Washington could escalate even further if the group continues to refuse to cease their attacks before the Israeli war on Gaza is over.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence
NOW hosted at southfront.press
Previously, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.org.
The .org domain name had been blocked by the US (NATO) (https://southfront.press/southfront-org-blocked-by-u-s-controlled-global-internet-supervisor/) globally, outlawed and without any explanation
Back before that, from 2013 to 2015, SouthFront: Analysis and Intelligence was at southfront.com
the houthis should not think that iran will not someday betray them, as it did the unfortunate alawites.
unfortunately assad became a lost cause, he lost the support of his people.
he lost because of sanctions
assad threw the towel in when his own citizens would not fight and that russia stabbed himin the back.
the houthis are big boys who can take care of themselves. unlike the shlomos who are constantly whingeing and whining and kvetching and oy veying to uncle sugar, demanding that he send the goy golem to fight one war after another for them.
the houthis have achieved their objectives, closing down the red sea/ suex canal and blockading shlomo. just by sinking 2 merchant ships that would not follow instructions. and firing mainly warning shots at anything that would not comply. very few sailors have been killed, 2 merchant crew and 1 amerikunt. they could probably sink one of chumpo’s little battleships if they wanted, but are holding back. that may change as chumpo murders more civilians.
was that the american branch of the israeli air force that did the attacks?
red sea closed . israeli port closed . us burning money for israel